We have a unique opportunity to join Carpetright and play a key role in our logistics transformation. As Programme Manager you will have overall accountability of the warehousing and distribution transformation agenda, incorporating the delivery of a hub & spoke fulfilment model and the associated requirements. Based from our office in Purfleet/Essex, this will be for an initial 2 year contact which will also include UK travel and home working.
We are the UK's largest retailer of carpets, flooring and beds and for over 30 years, we’ve helped people transform their homes through finding the flooring that’s right for their lifestyle. Not only helping them find that perfect floor but providing a full end-to-end service, irrespective of whether the customer’s journey starts in store or online. We have exciting growth plans and we would love for you to be a part of it!
A flavour of the key responsibilities:
- Define, lead & implement a warehouse & distribution review programme across the group.
- Manage programme dependencies across multiple business units, solving problems as encountered and escalating when appropriate.
- Define, implement and maintain appropriate programme/project governance.
- Work with department heads and project leads to identify individual project costs, resource requirements and anticipated benefit.
- Define and agree programme scope, outputs, and timescales to ensure business requirements are understood and agreed.
- Supervise and coordinate programme activity across all business areas and workstreams.
- Provide guidance and hands on support for workstreams in the development of both strategic and tactical solutions to challenges.
- Provide programme progress reports/updates to the business in line with agreed mechanisms.
What we are looking for:
- Track record in leading large-scale logistics projects and programmes.
- Previous experience leading projects such as; site/contract start-ups, closures, relocations including TUPE transfers, WMS/TMS implementations, operational improvement.
- Operational experience in contract logistics is essential.
- A good understanding or experience with hub & spoke networks would be an advantage.
- Resilience coupled with the ability to drive results across a broad range of teams
- High business intellect, financially astute with excellent critical thinking and analytical skills