To provide a comprehensive and professional service to all colleagues in relation to HR and Payroll administration services, using all HR & Payroll systems, ensuring that a timely service is offered. To work closely with the senior HR and Payroll team to ensure that HR/Payroll legal and statutory obligations are met.
- To take ownership for the new starter process including:
- Completion and distribution of all new starter paperwork including contracts and referencing
- Accurately inputting new starter details onto the HR/Payroll system & HR related systems
- To ensure that all contractual amendments are accurately entered onto the system and a new contract of employment is sent.
- To ensure that the leaver process is managed effectively to minimise overpayments. Issuing of P45’s
- Assessing colleagues eligibility for Auto-enrolment work place pension
- Collate all return-to-work paperwork ensuring that all require information is completed and all payments are made in line with company sick pay policy. To keep accurate sickness records and to work closely with the HR Advisor and Colleague Relation Advisors with long term sick cases, providing support and advice to colleague when appropriate.
- To liaise with HR Advisor and HR Business Partner as necessary on any maternity, flexible working and paternity issues and to maintain the relevant database.
- To liaise with Government bodies to ensure payments and/or deductions are made accurately.
- To ensure that monthly pay queries are dealt with efficiently, arranging payments, where necessary, by BACS payment
- To carry out administrative tasks including general department scanning, ex-employee references, mortgage requests, opt out of Sunday letters, open and distribute the post to relevant colleagues and answering the telephone to assist all the HR/Payroll teams.
- To give advice and educate colleagues on HR/Payroll related systems.
- Maintaining confidentiality and department integrity always.
- To drive your own learning and development.
- To observe and adhere to all Company Health and Safety Regulations.
Ad hoc duties:
- To participate in annual HR/Payroll compliance collations
- To carry out induction tour at SSO on the colleague’s date of commencement
- To provide support with the Company’s travel and expense systems/process
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the Management
- This is a fast paced environment and the employee’s ability to prioritise and manage his/her time will be key in this role.
- Positive, enthusiastic and customer focused attitude.
- Supportive and proactive approach to the job
- Ability to build a positive and constructive working relationship with all members of the team.
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team working effectively under pressure.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience in MS Office, Outlook, Word and Excel to intermediate level is essential.
- High degree of integrity, ability to work with sensitive data and maintain trust and confidentiality.
- Keen to develop a career in HR/Payroll.
- Previous experience in HR Administration and Payroll is desirable but not essential.
- Open to new ways of working and willing to suggest improvements to current processes.