We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join Warehouse team at Carpetright. You will provide preventive maintenance of machinery and equipment as well as responding to emergency machine breakdown within our Warehouse & Head Office.
We are the UK's largest retailer of carpets, flooring and beds and for over 30 years, we’ve helped people transform their homes through finding the flooring that’s right for their lifestyle.
What you will be doing:
- General fabric and building repairs etc
- Working with single phase/three phase electrical circuits
- Overhaul and upkeep and repair of all machinery including; Carpet cutting machinery/Conveyor & sortation systems/ Tube winding equipment
- Carrying out general site maintenance and repairs as and when required
- Respond to out of hours call-outs as required on a rosta basis
What we are looking for:
- A good understanding of electrics / mechanics / pneumatics and welding
- Self-motivated and able to act on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good communication skills and bags of enthusiasm
- Plumbing and electrical experience