Learning Designer - 12 month FTC - Remote based with occasional travel to Purfleet, Essex
We are currently recruiting for an End to End Learning Designer within our L&D team at Carpetright. You will be responsible for taking the agreed training needs and designing great learning interventions to develop knowledge, skills and behavioural capability across Carpetright.
We are the UK's largest retailer of carpets, flooring and beds and for over 30 years, we’ve helped people transform their homes through finding the flooring that’s right for their lifestyle. Not only helping them find that perfect floor but providing a full end-to-end service, irrespective of whether the customer’s journey starts in store or online. We have exciting growth plans and we would love for you to be a part of it!
A flavour of the key responsibilities:
- Working with senior stakeholders to establish the training needs and objectives.
- Ensuring the training need is clear and agreed ahead of the development of any interventions.
- Developing solution proposals (primarily digital, but also other methodology) and presenting back to the stakeholders for agreement.
- Creating innovative and high-quality modules with a truly interactive and engaging look and feel.
- Create fresh dynamic content, a leading-edge design style, focus on detail and highly creative use of all media available.
- Defining and creating assessment and evaluation to ensure the learning is delivering the behavioural and knowledge changes in line with the brief
- Maintaining material to ensure it is up to date and continues to meet the business needs, recommending and implementing changes where appropriate.
- Designing all post-module activity, ongoing support and assessment in line with the established framework.
- Working with the L&D team to ensure all activities are joined with the agreed frameworks of our blended learning approach.
- Using feedback to identify opportunities for improvement in content and delivery.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable and practical knowledge and experience of all elements of the training cycle.
- Thorough and current knowledge of design techniques, and experience of designing interventions ready for conversion to digital based learning.
- Creative flair and the ability to take agreed objectives and turn them into inspirational programmes which capture, enthuse and develop our learners.
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail.
- The ability to effectively manage a varied workload, sometimes with conflicting priorities
- Experience designing and implementing learning programmes which are then implemented through authoring tools such as Captivate, Articulate, Evolve or similar.