You will play a key role within the Carpetright by identifying, designing & delivering simple but effective, blended L&D strategies. This will enable us to inspire colleagues and help attract & retain the very best talent in the marketplace, ultimately securing our position as an employer of choice.
A flavour of the key responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the HRD establish and execute the learning and development strategy for Carpetright.
- Inspire, lead and manage the L&D Team to enable them to be the best they can be.
- Work with the senior leadership team across Carpetright to embed the learning and development strategy within our retail & head office operations.
- Develop and drive the digital learning agenda.
- Oversee the development and monitoring of apprenticeship programmes, through the effective management of our business levy.
- Provide updates and data insights to various senior stakeholders to demonstrate the impact and engagement with learning activities.
- Manage the L&D budgets and plans.
- Create, develop and evolve a clear and structured development framework for colleagues at all levels that strengthens capability and encourages internal progression.
What we are looking for:
- Proven track record as a Head of L&D in a retail, leisure or hospitality environment
- Expertise in digital learning methodologies
- Degree qualified backed up with a relevant training qualification (CTP)
- Inspirational and engaging leadership style
- Well-developed coaching ability -ideally with a recognised coaching qualification
- Experience leading & developing L&D teams.