Head of HR Operations - Permanent - Purfleet, Essex
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of HR Operations to join our fantastic HR team here at Carpetright. As a deputy to the HR Director, you will support the development of a great colleague experience by ensuring that the HR engine room runs like clockwork and that HR initiatives are effectively implemented and managed.
We are the UK's largest retailer of carpets, flooring and beds and for over 30 years, we’ve helped people transform their homes through finding the flooring that’s right for their lifestyle. Not only helping them find that perfect floor but providing a full end-to-end service, irrespective of whether the customer’s journey starts in store or online. We have exciting growth plans and we would love for you to be a part of it!
A flavour of the key responsibilities:
- Supporting the HR Director on the development and implementation of the people strategy.
- Overseeing the HR Services (Payroll & HR Admin) function, working with the team to improve service to colleagues and ensure efficiency of process.
- Leading, coaching and motivating the teams, building a winning culture consistent with the values of Carpetright.
- Working with the HRBP’s to ensure that the performance of colleagues across Carpetright is appropriately measured, monitored and managed.
- Overseeing the Employee Relations team, ensuring the development, implementation and ongoing management of legally compliant people policies.
- Implementation of a new HRIS system
- Deputising for the HR Director as required.
- Working closely with the HRBP’s and Head of Talent to implement succession planning mechanisms across Carpetright.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience as a Head of HR, working with a distributed workforce of a similar make up 1000+
- The gravitas and credibility to be able to deputise for the HR Director
- Passion for developing people and delivering service excellence.
- Experience of developing & implementing performance management processes.
- Able to work at pace and under pressure.