Online and in-stores across the country, our experts are bringing customers’ dreams to life. To continue being the best at what we do, we need the very best people. The big dreamers, go-getters and team players who thrive in fast-paced, high-energy environments.
With over 30 years at the forefront of an ever-evolving industry, we’re always looking for new ways to improve. Embracing new ideas and offering flexible solutions, both digitally and in-store to delight our customers, enhance their shopping experience and inspire our colleagues. And our work is only just beginning.
Understanding and communicating with our customers is essential to our success at Carpetright. To do that, we have teams of talented and innovative marketing experts. Join the marketing team at an exciting time for the brand and become a key contributor in our innovation journey, helping us fast forward our mission to be the best.
The opportunity: Head of Brand and PR, Purfleet, Essex / Hybrid Working (6 month FTC)
About The opportunity:
This is a high profile and exceptional opportunity to lead and drive the transformation and continued growth for Carpetright. It is a pivotal role that will lead the charge to develop and maintain a distinctive, differentiated, and engaging customer brand proposition across the entire customer journey. You’ll create value by building relevant and meaningful customers relationships, ensuring consistency of experience in all store formats, marketing and promotional materials and the UK website
A little more detail:
- Set the brand building agenda across the business, leading campaigns, new range launches, brand and messaging, territories, and services to complement our offering.
- Harvest internal data, customer research data and market data to ensure plans are built with a consumer-centric orientation. Champion, talk to and listen to the Carpetright customer.
- You will be the lead architect and coordinator of the brand building plans bringing together the knowledge and input of the brand team, digital team, and the Performance Marketing team.
- You will lead the creation of the brand team spanning expertise in above-the line advertising, in-store POS and visual merchandising, PR, social media, website content, brand partnerships such as Hearst and store comms.
- You will be the person responsible for leading the creative and production agencies covering advertising creative, strategy and production, printers, instore POS, external photographers and stylists, customer research and PR. This will support and augment the marketing work coming from the internal design, social, digital, and content teams.
- Plan and design the campaign structures to take strategy through into execution with exemplary and integrated storytelling. You will create the briefs for the creation of content marketing, social and community management and influencer activity (led by your brand team) and SEO and paid social and CRM activity (led by the Performance Marketing and Digital teams).
- As the custodian of the brand, you’ll ensure all assets and communications are true to our USPs and brand visual is stand-out, best in class, from advertising, photography website, email, socials, and beyond.
- Lead and manage the promotional calendar and work with the buying teams to plan the seasonal range launch activity including the Look Book seasonal trends.
- Lead the creation of Visual Merchandising Guidelines by category and store type for field-based use. Collaborate with the store development team to develop new store formats and customer journey mapping.
- Support commercial targets through brand strategy, tactics, and the development of effective brand campaigns.
- Create a drum beat of relevant stories and messaging to raise the profile of the brand in the trade environment.
- A true brand Ambassador with experience of leading, managing, developing, and implementing brand and customer centred strategies and teams within a retail environment
- A background in brand communications and PR management at senior level within a fast-paced multi-site retail environment
- Experience of managing the production and artwork of advertising activity ideally including TV & Photoshoots
- Experience of leading, creating and managing promotional campaigns and promotional calendars
- Experience of managing instore POS and the production process
- CIM or marketing/design qualification
- A commercially astute, customer centric, and collaborative leader with the ability to engage, motivate and develop high performing teams.
- Confident ability to articulate vision and translate that into a clear strategic direction and unrelenting execution
Ready for that next step? Browse our latest opportunities and discover how you can become one of the proud faces of Carpetright at www.carpetright.co.uk