It’s not all number crunching in the finance department at Carpetright. We’re here to support each area of the business, ensuring they have the right data to make the best decisions. We’re right up there with the latest systems and analytics, not to mention our first-class training and apprenticeships. So, if you’re looking to fast forward your career in finance, this is the place to be.
Manage and action refunds raised by stores and customer services, ensuring that they are actioned in a timely manner. Also manage and monitor the flow of incoming BACS payments received.
- Weekly reconciliation of BACS amounts paid by customers; investigation and resolution of any discrepancies
- Actioning of all refunds raised by store - either by cheque, card payment, IFC refund or faster payment
- Printing allowance cheques regularly, obtaining the necessary signatures and subsequently posting to customers
- Daily reconciliation of the refunds GL investigating any discrepancies
- Posting journals/chargebacks where appropriate
- Weekly posting of VAT journal
- Being the ‘go to’ for all refund queries
- Daily monitoring of the refunds and stores finance inboxes with resolutions being actioned withing the SLA
- Assist the Financial Operations Manager in any reporting requirements
- Preparation of period end journals/reporting as required
- Deal with telephone queries
- Ensure all documents are filed and archived correctly
- Additional duties may be required within the department as business needs dictate
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role and environment.
- Experience of working with high volume data
- Good Excel Skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise accordingly
- Confidence to liaise with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently when under pressure
- Open and involved in process change and implementation
- Commitment to doing the best job possible
Join us on our mission to deliver the best, and in return we’ll give you all the support and training you need to learn new skills, take on more responsibility and become the very best at what you do. Proud to be creating beautiful homes, proud to be driving the customer journey in the fast lane, and proud to be one of us.