A market-leader for over 30 years, Carpetright provides a complete end-to-end service to ensure transforming customers’ home is a straight-forward and enjoyable experience. The business was acquired in 2020 with an ambitious and committed transformation plan. Trading from over 300 locations in the UK, including several premium-feel new format showrooms, no one knows more about floors than Carpetright.
The opportunity: Finance Director, Purfleet Essex (Hybrid)
We’re looking for a seasoned Finance Director with a successful background in providing robust financial leadership to a business through transformation, within a multi-site omni channel retail organisation, ideally within a group environment.
This is a high-profile opportunity to take the lead on evolving and driving the finance function to facilitate the business’s ongoing transformation mission, delivering a best-in-class finance function.
You will provide meaningful financial and commercial leadership, insight, and robust challenge for the business, enabling delivery of the organisational goals and objectives, whilst ensuring the integrity of the financial reporting, processes, and control environment within the business.
Partnering with the Managing Director and Senior Leadership Team, you’ll lead the finance agenda for the Carpetright business, supporting on strategic plans and key business changes. You’ll promote a culture throughout the business which generates profit whilst recognising and promoting the absolute importance of Health & Safety, the highest standard of business ethics and compliance with corporate requirements.
We’re looking for an inspiring, motivational leader to develop a highly skilled, high performing finance team who are in turn motivated and have the capabilities to deliver excellent customer service across the business.
This is an exciting opportunity for a commercial, resilient individual well versed in complexity and scale, with the hunger to drive growth and performance and create a meaningful impact.
About Your Experience:
- Well-rounded experience as a commercial Finance Director gained within a multi-site omnichannel retailer or similar environment during a transformation, with significant complexity and scale. (Ideally with exposure to international operations)
- A true financial leader who can demonstrate the ability to move seamlessly from focussing on detail to the broader strategic challenges and contribute to the development of the business
- A high degree of financial awareness and data literacy, with the ability to contribute to long term strategic planning, both numerically and conceptually
- Working knowledge of UK tax regime
- Strong commercial business partnering ability at a senior level
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws, and best practices
- Strong understanding and development of IT Systems along with financial and management systems
- Experience of leading M&A projects/Due diligence cycles is not essential but would be an advantage
- Data driven decision making capability - deeply analytical with proven track record of leading FP&A functions in large scale businesses
- Experience in big ticket retail/home furnishings is not essential but would be an advantage
- The ability to create a strong impact with gravitas and high energy level; demonstrating significant personal resilience and the ability to work at significant pace and under pressure
- A talented and collaborative people leader, adept at engaging, motivating, building, and developing teams across the business through periods of extensive and relentless change
- Performance focused & results driven with an action oriented pragmatic style; committed to delivering initiatives on time and to budget and hitting target numbers. Clear in direction, and unrelenting in execution
- Strong legacy of driving change (and ideally growth). Able to show evidence of successfully delivering change. Robust, with a certain toughness of spirit, able to personally cope with change
- A healthy sense of humour and someone who believes the working environment should be an enjoyable and challenging place to be, and who values and respects the contribution of everyone within the business at whatever level
Carpetright and our stable of group flooring brands is on a significant transformation journey, and this role will play a critical part in contributing to the successful navigation of change. If you’re interested in joining a high performing leadership team where you’ll have the opportunity to create a meaningful, commercial impact, then we’d love to hear from you at www.carpetright.co.uk