Commercial Finance Business Partner - Purfleet, Essex (Hybrid working - 3 days in office a week)
Online and in-stores across the country, our experts are bringing customers’ dreams to life. To continue being the best at what we do, we need the very best people. The big dreamers, go-getters and team players who thrive in fast-paced, high-energy environments.
With over 30 years at the forefront of an ever-evolving industry, we’re always looking for new ways to improve. Embracing new ideas and offering flexible solutions, both digitally and in-store to delight our customers, enhance their shopping experience and inspire our colleagues. And our work is only just beginning.
It’s not all number crunching in the finance department at Carpetright. We’re here to support each area of the business, ensuring they have the right data to make the best decisions. We’re right up there with the latest systems and analytics, not to mention our first-class training and apprenticeships. So, if you’re looking to fast forward your career in finance, this is the place to be.
To provide financial, commercial and operational analytical support to the development of the following business areas;
- Buying and Merchandising
- Store Development
This role will report into the UK Finance Director, but the job holder will also be required to provide direct to support the Operating Committee Director(s) in the above areas, plus other areas of the business, as demand dictates, and could even include supporting initiates across other Group companies.
- Define, produce and deliver timely and independent key analytical reporting – programmed and ad-hoc.
- Create bespoke reporting to support decision making
- Carry out commercial modelling for the business areas to help support the commercial evaluation of existing and new commercial activities and initiatives
- Creating and maintaining strong working partnerships across the business, delivering a continuous improvement to service
- Assist with the production of the annual budget
- Support the production of period end and year end management accounts by producing incisive and relevant narrative
- Bring external best practice knowledge to the company and motivate the team to work at a pace and deliver excellent customer service across the Group.
- Support colleagues in other functions on relevant company priorities/projects.
- Assist in developing and improving processes and procedures within the areas of responsibility to improve the quality and quantity of output.
- Utilise technical skills to build complex models and implement new reporting
- Carry out in depth analysis to establish performance and trends
- Focus around KPIs to enable understanding of competition and market
- Support other Finance Business Partners during periods of high workloads and absence
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified ( preferably), or Part Qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Advanced excel skills
- Skills using other analytic tools such as Alteryx
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a finance / finance related role
- Retail / FMCG / experience desirable
- Experience in dealing with senior management
- Strong systems experience, preferably including systems such as D365, BI, HFM
- Experience of presenting complex data to non financial audiences
- Experience of working to strict deadlines
- Analytical skills, with the ability to spot trends, investigate and make independent recommendations.
- Ability to work alongside and challenge senior management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Strong team player
- Ability to communicate and interpret data to non-finance professionals and the wider business.
- Able to work at pace and under pressure.
- Positive and self-motivated.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritise workload with a good attention to detail.
Join us on our mission to deliver the best, and in return we’ll give you all the support and training you need to learn new skills, take on more responsibility and become the very best at what you do. Proud to be creating beautiful homes, proud to be driving the customer journey in the fast lane, and proud to be one of us.