To provide financial, commercial and operational analytical support to the development of the following business areas;
- Buying and Merchandising
- Store Development
This role will report into the UK Finance Director, but the job holder will also be required to provide direct to support the Operating Committee Director(s) in the above areas, plus other areas of the business, as demand dictates, and could even include supporting initiates across other Group companies.
- Define, produce and deliver timely and independent key analytical reporting – programmed and ad-hoc.
- Create bespoke reporting to support decision making
- Carry out commercial modelling for the business areas to help support the commercial evaluation of existing and new commercial activities and initiatives
- Creating and maintaining strong working partnerships across the business, delivering a continuous improvement to service
- Assist with the production of the annual budget
- Support the production of period end and year end management accounts by producing incisive and relevant narrative
- Bring external best practice knowledge to the company and motivate the team to work at a pace and deliver excellent customer service across the Group.
- Support colleagues in other functions on relevant company priorities/projects.
- Assist in developing and improving processes and procedures within the areas of responsibility to improve the quality and quantity of output.
- Utilise technical skills to build complex models and implement new reporting
- Carry out in depth analysis to establish performance and trends
- Focus around KPIs to enable understanding of competition and market
- Support other Finance Business Partners during periods of high workloads and absence
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified ( preferably), or Part Qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Advanced excel skills
- Skills using other analytic tools such as Alteryx
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a finance / finance related role
- Retail / FMCG / experience desirable
- Experience in dealing with senior management
- Strong systems experience, preferably including systems such as D365, BI, HFM
- Experience of presenting complex data to non financial audiences
- Experience of working to strict deadlines
- Analytical skills, with the ability to spot trends, investigate and make independent recommendations.
- Ability to work alongside and challenge senior management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Strong team player
- Ability to communicate and interpret data to non-finance professionals and the wider business.
- Able to work at pace and under pressure.
- Positive and self-motivated.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritise workload with a good attention to detail.