Role: Employee Relations Coordinator - 12 month FTC - Tuesdays to Fridays
Online and in-stores across the country, our experts are bringing customers’ dreams to life. To continue being the best at what we do, we need the very best people. The big dreamers, go-getters and team players who thrive in fast-paced, high-energy environments.
With over 30 years at the forefront of an ever-evolving industry, we’re always looking for new ways to improve. Embracing new ideas and offering flexible solutions, both digitally and in-store to delight our customers, enhance their shopping experience and inspire our colleagues. And our work is only just beginning.
It's not just our customers that we want to keep smiling, it’s our people too. As an employer pf choice, we strive to create an environment where colleagues have a fantastic experience. By joining the team, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on the continued development or our people and the business.
Provide an efficient and effective administration service to support the Employee Relations Advisors and the Senior Employee Relations Manager in day-to-day case management within the agreed timeframes, ensuring legal and internal procedural compliance throughout.
- Support the ER Advisors with all employee relations related administration including letters, tracking and record keeping.
- Monitor the HR Department inbox and respond to emails in a timely and efficient manner, escalating where appropriate
- Assign cases to ER Advisors, escalating high-risk cases to the Senior ER Manager.
- Act as the main contact with the Occupational Health service provider, submit new referrals, chase outstanding documentation and reports on behalf of the ER Team.
- Manage issues identified through the medical questionnaire, advising Managers and ensuring any adjustments are confirmed in writing.
- Ensure the Employee Relations case database is maintained accurately, and all relevant documentation attached to colleagues’ files.
- Monitor the consistency of action taken, provide insight to the Senior ER Manager.
- Support the Senior ER Manager in gathering specific high-profile case management information, including tribunal hearings paperwork preparation, as and when required.
- Take responsibility for the timely and accurate response/recording of Subject Access Requests, in line with GDPR requirements.
- Act as the point person for redundancy. Support line management in the delivery of appropriate consultation processes in cases of redundancy (store closures, restructures) ensuring affected colleagues are managed sensitively and in line with both legal and internal frameworks.
- Manage issues with colleague referencing, advising and supporting line management as appropriate.
- Liaise with Payroll and prepare redundancy calculations and relevant consultation paperwork for managers, as required.
- Liaise with Payroll to ensure changes are processed within agreed timelines, including suspensions, LTS dates, probation outcomes, redundancy terminations to ensure accuracy in pay and service dates.
- Be the point person for the probationary process. Manage the probation review process, advising and liaising with Line Managers as necessary. Ensure reviews are carried out and outcomes confirmed in writing to colleagues. Provide the Senior ER Manager with insights in relation to compliance and quality of reviews and ensure payroll are in the loop as necessary.
- Support the Senior ER Manager with ad-hoc projects as required.
- Support the Senior ER Manager in reviewing Company policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance and to seek improvement to working practices with a view to increasing efficiency, productivity and effectiveness.
- Create and foster excellent relationships within the ER Team and wider HR Teams based on credibility, confidence and professionalism.
- Drive your own learning and development.
- Observe and adhere to all Company Health and Safety Regulation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience working in an ER environment preferable in retail.
- Good understanding of the UK employment law to assist when reviewing documents.
- IT literate with excellent Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point skills.
- Basic knowledge of and experience in using relevant HR systems.
- Ability to work unsupervised in a fast-paced administration environment.
- Excellent organisational & prioritisation capability with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player.
- Strong customer focus.
- Completer finisher.
- Good problem solving capability.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach.
Measures of Success
- Monitoring and responding to HR Department inbox daily
- % of paperwork that is produced error free
- % of probation cases that conclude within agreed time frames
- Performance review score of “spot on” or “above”
The Ideal Candidate
Join us on our mission to deliver the best, and in return we’ll give you all the support and training you need to learn new skills, take on more responsibility and become the very best at what you do. Proud to be creating beautiful homes, proud to be driving the customer journey in the fast lane, and proud to be one of us.