Commercial Finance Analyst - Purfleet, Essex (Hybrid working)
Online and in-stores across the country, our experts are bringing customers’ dreams to life. To continue being the best at what we do, we need the very best people. The big dreamers, go-getters and team players who thrive in fast-paced, high-energy environments.
With over 30 years at the forefront of an ever-evolving industry, we’re always looking for new ways to improve. Embracing new ideas and offering flexible solutions, both digitally and in-store to delight our customers, enhance their shopping experience and inspire our colleagues. And our work is only just beginning.
It’s not all number crunching in the finance department at Carpetright. We’re here to support each area of the business, ensuring they have the right data to make the best decisions. We’re right up there with the latest systems and analytics, not to mention our first-class training and apprenticeships. So, if you’re looking to fast forward your career in finance, this is the place to be.
To support the Retail and HR Business Partner in providing in depth analysis of key operating areas and projects. Such information is used to drive business decision making and support new initiatives.
- Timely and accurate analysis of weekly reports
- Utilise technical skills to build complex models and implement new reporting and MI infrastructure
- Carry out in depth analysis to establish performance and trends
- Work closely with the business teams to support and influence their profitability
- Focus on sales and KPIs to enable understanding strategic impacts
- Continuous order book and credit analysis
- Supporting the budget and forecasting process to aid commercial decisions
- Support with other ad-hoc reporting requirements as needs arise
- Keep abreast of market change, patterns, drivers and competitors to help inform decision making and identify new business opportunities
- Cover for Business Partner, as and when required
- To carry out tests and investigations across systems
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 years’ experience (minimum) working within a finance or commercial department
- Skilled in excel (and / or other analytical tools, such as BI)
- Confident self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- An enquiring mind, with a passion to understand key drivers
- Experience in dealing with senior management
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to assimilate and interpret large data sets.
- Good communication and presentation skills
Join us on our mission to deliver the best, and in return we’ll give you all the support and training you need to learn new skills, take on more responsibility and become the very best at what you do. Proud to be creating beautiful homes, proud to be driving the customer journey in the fast lane, and proud to be one of us.