We have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join Carpetright and support the growth of our hard flooring products. This will initially be a 1 year fixed term contract, based from our head office in Purfleet, Essex.
We are the UK's largest retailer of carpets, flooring and beds and for over 30 years, we’ve helped people transform their homes through finding the flooring that’s right for their lifestyle. Not only helping them find that perfect floor but providing a full end-to-end service, irrespective of whether the customer’s journey starts in store or online. We have exciting growth plans and we would love for you to be a part of it!
What you will be doing:
- Oversee and manage the development of our hard flooring ranges for which you are accountable within the requirements of the category strategy, whilst also delivering against budgeted KPIs.
- Define, source and implement product ranges in accordance with the requirements of the Category strategy
- Develop and negotiate promotional plans and supplier support that meet the Business KPIs (in conjunction with the Merchandising Team)
- Provide market and competitor analysis to ensure market leading ranges and promotions
- Identify product and market trends; specifically carrying out competitor range, pricing and promotional audits
- Support the merchandising team with the development of sales, margin and stock budgets and forecasts
What we are looking for:
- Experience working as a Buyer
- Previous buying experience within homeware, flooring, textiles or retail will be highly advantageous
- Previous experience in a Merchandiser or Analyst role would be desirable
- A great team-player
- Determined and results & customer focussed