To support the Retail and HR Business Partner in providing in depth analysis of key operating areas and projects. Such information is used to drive business decision making and support new initiatives.
- Timely and accurate analysis of weekly reports
- Utilise technical skills to build complex models and implement new reporting and MI infrastructure
- Carry out in depth analysis to establish performance and trends
- Work closely with the business teams to support and influence their profitability
- Focus on sales and KPIs to enable understanding strategic impacts
- Continuous order book and credit analysis
- Supporting the budget and forecasting process to aid commercial decisions
- Support with other ad-hoc reporting requirements as needs arise
- Keep abreast of market change, patterns, drivers and competitors to help inform decision making and identify new business opportunities
- Cover for Business Partner, as and when required
- To carry out tests and investigations across systems
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 years’ experience (minimum) working within a finance or commercial department
- Skilled in excel (and / or other analytical tools, such as BI)
- Confident self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- An enquiring mind, with a passion to understand key drivers
- Experience in dealing with senior management
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to assimilate and interpret large data sets.
- Good communication and presentation skills
Measures of success
- Weekly reporting issued on time, in full
- Reporting contains minimal errors
- Data presentations are clear, accurate and inciteful,
- Good relationships maintained with key stakeholders.
- Seamless cover for peer role, and reporting manager.