Online and in-stores across the country, our experts are bringing customers’ dreams to life. To continue being the best at what we do, we need the very best people. The big dreamers, go-getters and team players who thrive in fast-paced, high-energy environments.
With over 30 years at the forefront of an ever-evolving industry, we’re always looking for new ways to improve. Embracing new ideas and offering flexible solutions, both digitally and in-store to delight our customers, enhance their shopping experience and inspire our colleagues. And our work is only just beginning.
It’s not all number crunching in the finance department at Carpetright. We’re here to support each area of the business, ensuring they have the right data to make the best decisions. We’re right up there with the latest systems and analytics, not to mention our first-class training and apprenticeships. So, if you’re looking to fast forward your career in finance, this is the place to be.
To support and manage the Accounts payable team, which is made up of 3 departments who deal with different suppliers; Expense, Fitters & Stock with a total of 7 people.
This role will be to support the AP team and all their functionality, help them with issues and problems that arise and be the point of call for escalations.
The role also needs to support the Finance and operation manager in ad-hoc task and enhance systems and processes.
- Oversee the running of the AP team
- Ensure weekly payments forecasts are completed
- Oversee weekly and monthly payment runs and remittances
- Ensure supplier statement reconciliations are carried out
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations
- Continuously looking at enhancements of the accounts payable department
- Assist in testing of enhancements and upgrades within the system
- Assist the Financial Operations Manager in any reporting requirements
- Assist the Financial Controller/ Finance Director in any reporting requirements
- Supporting the team when needed to cover work, assist in busy periods
- Preparation of period end journals/reporting as required
- Liaise with internal colleagues & external suppliers regards to AP queries
- Liaise with internal & external auditors with regards to AP queries
- Deal with telephone queries
- Ensure all documents are filed and archived correctly
- Additional duties may be required within the department as business needs dictate
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role and environment
- D365 experience preferred but not essential
- Good use of Excel – vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs etc
- High volume data experience
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise accordingly
- Confidence to liaise with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently when under pressure
- Open and involved in process change and implementation
- Commitment to doing the best job possible
- Confident to lead a team
Measures of success
- Reports to wider company delivered on time
- Ensure reconciliations are cleared in a timely manner
- Discrepancies are actioned in a timely manner
- Mentor and managing team to build resilience.
Join us on our mission to deliver the best, and in return we’ll give you all the support and training you need to learn new skills, take on more responsibility and become the very best at what you do. Proud to be creating beautiful homes, proud to be driving the customer journey in the fast lane, and proud to be one of us.